I've joined a couple of Flickr photo groups this year as a part of the 2010 / 365 photo project(s). One is for the general public, as far as I can tell, and the other is a group of ed tech enthusiasts from my Personal Learning Networks. Taking up the challenge just means that I'm going to take at least 1 photo a day in 2010 and post it online. I'm doing it because I'm a lousy photographer at present and I know I won't improve unless I force myself to take lots of pictures all the time. Besides taking better travel, scenery, and family pictures, I especially want to learn about photographing textures and patterns. I will use my phone's camera (at present I'm using an ATT Tilt) and I'll also use the great little camera my mom gave me, a Sony Cybershot DSC-P10. Former participants all say that the trick is to never leave home without your camera, so that's my goal. I'm charging 3 batteries right this minute.
The photo below is my humble beginning. It has no special meaning other than it is clean and white, like a new slate, and it involves snow, which we have way too much of around here in the winter. Can you guess what it is?
For all those in Education and/or Technology who are looking for a 365 group. Please tag all your images ‘edtech365/2010′ and please consider using Creative Commons licensing so that we may all benefit from these images. Here are other photo bloggers who are participating in a 365 Challenge (as of Jan. 1 midday). From Silvia Tolisano's Langwitches Blog
- Chrissy Hellyer- Eye to Eye (Thailand)
- Patrick Woessner’s 365- Challenge on Flickr
- Steven Anderson- 365 Project 2010 (USA)
- Ed Tech Diva- 52/2010 Ed Tech Challenge- 1 photo a week.
- Ed Tech Diva- 365/2010 Ed Tech- 1 photo a day
- John Evans- Speaking of…A Photo a Day for 2010
- Cyndi Danner Kuhn- 365 Photos: An iPhone Photo a Day
- Matt Guthrie- 2010 in 365
- Bob Sprankle- 365: A Photo a Day (USA)
- Cheryl Oaks- 365 Photos (USA)
- Allanah King- Photo Blog (New Zealand)
- Martha Thornburgh- 356 Challenge (USA)
- Judy O’Connell- A Year in Photos
- Jacqui Sharp – 365 Days as it Happens (New Zealand)
- Emory Maiden- 365/2010
- Dazzle64- Photo Challenge (USA)
- Brenda Hallowe’s 2010 Photo Challenge (South Africa)